Samsung did not wait for the Mobile World Congress “MWC” 2019 and introduced the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, a new generation, and evolution of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 that was seen last year. Let’s say that the hardware is more or less unchanged, with some minor adjustments that make it certainly more attractive and an even more refined design.
It has a metal body of only 5.5 mm thick (1.5 mm less than Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 “7 mm thick” ), diagonal screen to edge of 10.5″ and thinner frames with a screen/surface ratio of up to 81.8%. Certainly, it is not usual in this category.
The panel has maintained the same resolution and technology, so we are talking about a Super AMOLED WQXGA. It is also important to take into account the reduction of weight, in addition to being thinner. Now we are at 400 grams, 82 grams less than the predecessor that has a slightly wider battery: 7040 mAh for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and 7300 mAh for Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. The new 64-bit octa-core SoC (system on chip) should guarantee better power management and, therefore, expect autonomy without changes.
It comes with Android 9.0 Pie and, obviously, there is also DeX and the environment dedicated to the world of productivity without any accessory base. But there will be time to test it and see what are the benefits
The 4 AKG speakers with Dolby Atmos support are also confirmed for a more complete multimedia experience. On the other hand, the nature of this premium tablet is precisely that. There is no 3.5mm audio jack, but we will find the USB-C adapter in the box.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e main characteristics:
- Display: WQXGA sAMOLED 2560×1600 10.5 “at 16:10, 287ppi density
- SoC: Snapdragon 670 64-bit octa-core (2 2.0 GHz and 6 1.7 GHz)
- Memory: 4 + 64 GB / 6 + 128 GB, 4×4 MIMO (expandable up to 512 GB)
- Ports: USB 3.1 Type-C, Pin POGO
- Cameras: rear 13MP, front 8MP
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Cat. 16, WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, VHT80 MIMO, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou
- Dimensions: 245.0 x 160.0 x 5.5 mm for 400 grams (only WiFi), 483 grams (LTE)
- Battery: 7040 mAh with fast charging support
- Operating system: Android 9 Pie
- Audio: 4 1.2W AKG speakers with Dolby Atmos
Samsung speaks of a new availability for the second quarter of 2019 and two versions available: the cheapest with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage and a top with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal memory, with prices from $ 399. In its place, there are three colors announced in this first conjuncture, all monochromatic in
Galaxy Tab S5e: Official Introduction
Built for connectivity and entertainment.
Introducing the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e. A Lot more tablet in a lot thinner frame.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Photos:
All images credits for samsung.com