If you have a smartphone or tablet, you have probably asked yourself how to Backup My Phone in Android [ Backup Android Phone ]. That’s a very good question to ask, especially considering the number of things we do every day with mobile devices. And the amount of data that we surely want to protect from being deleted forever. Just a few years ago, Backup My Phone in Android [ Backup Android Phone ], was a complex process. It required computer connections, specialized software, and a lot of patience and dedication. However, currently, to Backup My Phone in Android [ Backup Android Phone ] is nothing special. Neither is having a backup on PC. This is because most of the current devices perform backups of your data automatically. On the other hand, caution is never the case. So here we will explore some of the best options to make and restore Backup Android Phone. So you can find the one that best suits your needs. Either through Google, a third-party app, or by making Android backup on PC. Keep reading! Don’t miss this article to Protect Your Smartphone With the Best Antivirus for Android.
How to Backup My Phone in Android [ Backup Android Phone ]
Backup Android Phone SettingsWhen it comes to Backup Android Phone, many users have priorities on what data to back up. As a general rule, device settings and settings are one of those priorities. This is because the Android device settings make the terminal adapted to each user. And the daily use that the user gives him. At the system level, being able to Backup Android Phone includes recovering many of Android’s settings and preferences. This involves backing up from approved Wi-Fi networks and passwords to the language and input settings, date and time settings, and viewing preferences. There are many methods to Backup Android Phone settings. This includes programs, third-party apps, and methods that need root access. However, the modern smartphone and tablet models make things easier for us. Restoring device settings is usually as simple as giving a few clicks. Sometimes without installing anything additional. Here we show you how to backup in Android for the settings of your device.
General adjustmentsWhen you turn on your Android device for the first time, you have probably been asked to sign in with your primary Google account. It is good that you always keep in mind the account that you placed. Because for sure that email account will be the key to access your automatically backed up data. To make sure that your general settings are backed up, you should do the following:
- Access the device configuration app or ” Settings .”
- Press ” Backup and reset “. (Depending on the operating system “OS”, it may be under the ” Personal ” or ” System ” section).
- Locate ” Backup account ” and make sure it’s your primary email address. Change it if necessary.
Apps and data settingsThe list of applications installed from the Play Store is always synchronized with Google servers. And when you register for the first time on any new device, you are allowed to back up the Android Phone with the entire set of apps that you have installed on your mobile or tablet. Of course, you can also just select certain titles from the list. On the other hand, there are other ways to Backup My Phone in Android for my applications and data.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow or higherFor devices that run the Marshmallow version of Android 6.0 and higher, Google offers an expanded application support system. It also saves and restores specific data, from logins to preferences. And any other relevant element. It is worth noting that this requires a certain level of integration and support in the behavior of the developers. However, it may work more effectively with some applications than with others. To verify which applications are backing up your data in Android, you can do the following:
- Go to the ” Backup ” section of the system configuration app or ” Settings .”
- Click on ” Application data “.
- You’ll see a button that tells Android to automatically restore the configurations and data backed up from an application each time it is reinstalled. Make sure it is ” On “.
Other Android devicesMany applications can be used to Backup Android Phone. In this case, we will use the free Helium application, since it seems to us one of the best and easiest to use. And the best thing is that you do not need root access on your terminal to work properly.
Download and install Helium from the Google Play Store
- Sign in to your Google account. This is so that the backup is made directly to the services related to Google, such as Drive.
- Connect your mobile or tablet to your computer. The app should be detected automatically.
- Choose the destination for the Android backup on PC and this will synchronize both devices.
WiFi settingsWiFi settings are also a priority when backing up on Android. Especially if we use several WiFi points that require a complicated password or access method. The good news is that you do not need to download any third-party app to achieve it because the Android operating system itself has everything you need.
- Access the configuration app of your terminal using ” Settings “.
- Press ” Backup and reset ” and then check the option ” Backup my data “.
- Now select the ” WiFi ” and ” APN ” boxes to ensure that the process is completed.
Backup Android Phone: photosKeeping your photos supported is a fairly simple process in these times. There are two basic ways: Backup in the cloud or backup on a PC. You can use whatever you want, or use both if you want to be prevented.
Backup Android Phone in the cloudTo back up your photos in Android, one of the best apps is Google Photos. Google Photos is a free Google app that comes pre-installed on most Android devices. And if not, it can also be downloaded from the Google Play Store. It will automatically synchronize each image and video you take. And it will make it available to you on any other device, whether mobile or not. To back up your images with Google Photos, you only need to do the following:
- Open Google Photos on your Android smartphone or tablet and sign in with your Google account.
- Display the menu in the upper left corner (icon with three horizontal lines) and go to ” Settings “.
- Click on ” Backup and synchronization ” and activate the option (in case it is not already).
Backup Android Phone on PCOne of the most effective ways to make a Backup Android Phone on PC for your images is to connect your mobile to the nearest computer. It also applies if you do not want to use any backup tool on Android. Either because you trust more in a backup on PC or for other reasons. To Backup Android Phone on PC you just have to follow these steps:
- Connect the Android device to the computer using a USB cable. This will make your smartphone or tablet now work as an external storage unit.
- Access the Android storage unit on your computer.
- Select the image folders you want to backup. Normally, the images of the camera are stored in the ” DCIM ” folder. If the images are downloaded or taken by other applications, you should go to those specific folders.
- Copy the folders you want to backup and paste them into the computer, where you want to save them. You can also transfer them by right-clicking + ” Send to ” and select the Android storage unit.
Backup Android Phone: MusicThe free Google Play Music app is your best option to back up your music on Android. This application allows you to upload your entire personal MP3 collection, up to 50,000 songs. And you can also access it from any Android device or any computer, through a web browser. To upload music to the Google Play Music cloud, just follow these steps:
- Install and open the Google Play Music extension for Chrome.
- Click on the ” Menu ” icon (three lines) in the upper left corner of the screen and then ” Load music .”
- Drag and drop your music in the window.
- Once you drag all the songs that you want to back up in the Google Play Music cloud, your music will start syncing automatically. To download your music from the cloud to the computer you just have to click on the ” Menu ” of the file (three points) next to the song or album you want to download. Then press ” Download .”
Backup Android Phone: Other DataThe easiest way to save files from your device is to save the data directly to a cloud-based storage service. These services provide a reasonable amount of free storage. With additional space available for a nominal monthly or annual fee. And they all facilitate access to files from any mobile device or computer, whether online or offline. Here we mention some:
Google DriveWhen it comes to data backup, Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud services. For many, Google Drive is the best way to backup data, thanks to its great compatibility with apps and terminals. Its free 15GB is excellent for uploading all kinds of documents, which you can access from Google Docs and Google Sheets. To manually upload folders and files to Google Drive, just follow these instructions:
- Download the Google Drive app from the Google Play Store, if you do not already have it.
- Open the app on your Android device and press the ” + ” button.
- Press ” Upload ” and select the files you want to backup.
- Wait for the files to load.
Microsoft OneDriveMicrosoft OneDrive is another service in the cloud, well known and used. Like its counterpart in Google, Microsoft OneDrive offers free storage of 15GB. Also, the service allows both Backup Android Phone on PC and create a backup from the device itself. To make an Android backup from the Microsoft OneDrive app you can follow these steps:
- Install and run the OneDrive application on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Log in to the app using your credentials. If you do not have an account, you can create a new account.
- Go to ” Options ” (three points) at the top and press ” Add items, then” OK “.
- Select the files you want to backup in the OneDrive cloud and wait while your data is loaded.
DropboxDropbox is a popular option because it is compatible with all types of files. For photos and videos, Dropbox offers the option to upload directly from the camera app. The free version of Dropbox does not have unlimited storage like Google Photos, but you’ll get 2GB for free when you sign up. To synchronize the files from your Android device to Dropbox, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Dropbox app from the Google Play Store. Then execute it.
- Log in to your Dropbox account. If you do not have an account yet, you can register first.
- Open the ” Files ” folder and click ” + ” in the lower right.
- Press ” Upload files ” and select the types of files you want to upload to the Dropbox cloud.
- Click on ” Upload ” to start the synchronization process.
MEGAMEGA is a very interesting cloud storage service, which has undergone many changes. Its encrypted cloud service provides the greatest storage capacity in the cloud since it gives each registered user 50GB free of charge. To support your data in the MEGA cloud from Android you just have to follow some steps:
- Download and install the MEGA app for Android from the Google Play Store.
- Log in with your MEGA account. If you do not have an account, you must create it in ” Create account “.
- At the top, touch the Cloud Drive menu icon (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner.
- Press ” Upload ” and then ” From the device .”
- Select the files you want to back up in the MEGA cloud and wait for them to be uploaded.
Backup Android Phone with RootThere are indeed many methods to Backup Android Phones without the need to root the device. However, rooting the device can help you make more meticulous backups. When rooting your mobile or tablet, almost everything can be backed up, and then restore the backup in Android. Many apps can help you do this, here we list the ones that we think are best.
Titanium BackupTitanium is one of the most-used apps to make and restore the backup android phone with root access. And although Titanium Backup may seem a bit obsolete, the truth is that it is a very powerful application. To make a backup of your files using Titanium Backup you can follow these steps:
- Download and run the Titanium Backup app on your Android device.
- Touch the menu button in the upper right corner and select ” Batch actions .”
- Select what you want to back up in the backup.